Hi there Braaap ST250 owner and Welcome to the braaap family!!
We appreciate you choosing braaap and waiting for your bike. We are stoked that you are finally ready to ride! Please send us those new bike day pics!
To see information on How to Register a new bike in your state >>CLICK HERE<<
If your motorcycle was registered by PWS Motorcycles (braaap dealership in Victoria) we highly recommend that you log onto Vic roads website and search your plate number for proof of registration.
Please read the rest of the email so we can pass on all the info you'll need regarding the new bike :) The best place to find information or if you need help is the Support Page.
Important Downloads from the support page:
- How to register the bike yourself in your state
Firstly some key basics:
- YOUR MOTORCYCLE WILL NOT START WITH THE CLUTCH OUT
- YOUR MOTORCYCLE WILL NOT START WITH THE KILL SWITCH ON
- IF YOU CONTINUALLY TRY TO START YOUR MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT SUCCESS YOU WILL FLATTEN THE BATTERY
- IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE STARTING YOUR MOTORCYCLE PLEASE TXT THE WORKSHOP ON 0449901123 BEFORE YOU FLATTEN THE BATTERY.
- IF YOU FLATTEN THE BATTERY YOU WILL NEED TO CHARGE IT, OR ROLL/ JUMP START YOUR MOTORCYCLE.
- THE BATTERY IS LOCATED BEHIND THE RIGHT HAND SIDE COVER (NEAR YOUR KNEES)
1.VIN NUMBER: Once you receive your motorcycle (preferably before the delivery truck leaves you, (Or before you leave the braaap warehouse) please check and confirm the Vin number is the same on your paper work as it is on your bike. The VIN is a SEVENTEEN (17) digit identification code stamped down the neck of your motorcycle.
2: COMPLIANCE PLATE: Please ensure you can see that the compliance plate has been attached to the frame of your motorcycle, it is a shiny silver sticker with your VIN on it. Please confirm the VIN is the same on the plate as it is stamped on your neck as described above. It is usually attached at the front of the motorcycle on the frame. Ensure you never remove this as it is vital for any owner to be able to register a motorcycle in Australia today and in the future.
URGENT NOTE: If either of these compliance requirements are in discrepancy please phone or txt and ask to speak to Andrea immediately on 0449901123.
3. NEW ENGINE: You have received a brand-new motorcycle. It is very important that you “run in” the new engine. We recommend you ride at a comfortable speed and do not go revving your motorcycle excessively, the easiest way is to stay below 80km per hour for the first 500km.
4.TYRES: The tyres are also brand new on your new braaap motorcycle and need “bedding in”. The tyres arrive with a type of wax on them which will make them slippery for the first 50-100km. To prevent slide offs please ride with caution for those first 50-100 KMs.
5. FUEL: The Motorcycle will arrive with minimal fuel in the tank. We cannot transport motorcycles with a full tank of fuel. (obvious safety reasons). PLEASE HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE SERVO you would have around 10 KM of fuel available in the tank on receiving the motorcycle.
6. FUEL TAP: Some carriers turn the fuel tap off. Ensure it is on / open
7.MIRRORS: If your bike was freighted to you then the mirrors may be sat upright to prevent damage to them during cartage, please use an 8mm allen key and put them in place and tighten them up firmly.
8.ROADSIDE ASSIST: If you have paid for Roadside Assist through our online system it is important that you phone AWN Australian Warranty Network on 07 38025577 to ensure your cover is activated and all details are correct. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.
Lifetime warranty does not cover transport so please get roadside in case you run out of fuel, get a flat tyre, flatten the battery, crash or have a warranty issue. You can buy roadside for $100 HERE
9.INSURANCE: Mi-bike Insurance: If you have completed the insurance form and received a quote from Mi-bike Insurance and you have accepted the quote you will receive an email from us. You must then log on that email and activate the insurance and pay for it, otherwise you do NOT have insurance. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE ACTIVATED AND PAID YOUR INSURANCE.
10. LIFETIME WARRANTY: (Extended warranty) If you have purchased the Lifetime Warranty (LTW) It is your responsibility to keep clear detailed records of your services. You can enter the “do it yourself self-service program” or you can engage a local mechanic to do the work for you, whichever way you choose you must keep records. If you ever need to make a warranty claim you will be asked to supply these records to us before we will agree to honour a warranty claim. If you don't have service records your warranty claim will be denied. If you believe you need to make a warranty claim you need to get the clearance before the work is done. We recommend you phone us on 0449901123 and speak to Paul or James and explain your issue to either of them and they will tell you if they believe it is possibly a claim or not. They may video call you or ask you for photos or videos.
You can Buy Lifetime Warranty off of this page, Please note this is the last chance to buy it.
11. SELF SERVICE PROGRAM: This is our program, that is designed to allow you or a person of your choice to maintain the services on your motorcycle for your lifetime warranty without the need to take your motorcycle to a qualified mechanic for your servicing. If you have opted into this and paid for this program you would have been sent a form to complete with every service or oil change you do. You must complete this and upload it every time you service or do your oil change.
Note: This program is not designed for you to learn how to service your motorcycle this is designed for mechanically minded motorcycle persons. If you have not received the form, please contact email@example.com
JOIN THE SELF SERVICE PROGRAM > $17/Month >
IMPORTANT !!!! TO CLAIM FOR WARRANTY, YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE CLEAR, PRECISE DETAILS OF WHAT YOU DID, WHEN YOU DID IT, AND HOW YOU DID IT, DURING YOUR SERVICES. WE SUGGEST TAKING PHOTOS, VIDEOS AND RECORDED DESCRIPTIONS ETC. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE ODOMETER READING ALONG WITH THE DATE YOU TOOK THE READING.THE DAY YOU WANT TO MAKE A CLAIM YOU WILL WISH YOU DID!!!SAVE THE FORM ON YOUR PHONE AND FILL IT IN EVERYTIME.
The three top tips from us (we believe you should learn and keep an eye on)
1. Chain health is vital for safety please ensure that the chain is always firm but not tight. Ensure you lubricate your chain every 500km (never put the lube on the chain near the back of the bike as that is where the brakes are located. We recommend you lube the chain where you can see it in the middle of your motorcycle.
2. Tyre Pressure is vital for safety. We recommend you check both tyres every time you fill up with fuel until you know your motorcycle fully and can tell by riding if the tyres need air. 28 PSI for the front and 32 PSI for the rear.
3. Bike services are vital for Safety and the longevity of your bike. First service between 500-800km then every 3000km after that, We highly recommend you maintain this schedule.
We would love you to please give us a braaap Google Review and a braaap Facebook Review on both braaapFrankston and braaaponline.
For any mechanical or parts enquiries please submit a ticket or phone and leave a msg or text us on 0449901123 so we can get back to you asap Mon-Fri.
Just a suggestion: If you have a motorcycle issue please send videos and photos directly on a ticket HERE and TXT the ticket number to 0449901123 as urgent or phone us directly about it. We do NOT recommend you go to any motorcycle Facebook page or forum to get answers for mechanical issues. Unfortunately some people think they have more knowledge than they actually do and wrong information can be detrimental to the motorcycle and or to the rider.
Enjoy your ride. braaaaaaaaap !!!!!
Thank you for riding with us,
Andrea & Paul - PWS Motorcycles - Braaap Dealer
Please sign in to leave a comment.